Now you can have your food truck fix and permanent cover too. The Stand is a restaurant (truckaurant?) with a 1967 shiny silver Airstream parked inside. The food is “high-end classic American fare with a swanky twist” produced by chef Kellie Doyle, formerly of Bread Winners. She fixes Frito pies, sweet potato tater balls, a bacon-wrapped Nathan’s hot dog, mac and cheese, and chili. You can find The Stand sitting in the space formerly known as Rock n’ Taco on McKinney Avenue. Open until 3AM on weekends.
8/23/14 SatMain Street Garden
8/23/14 SatRabbit Hole Brewing
8/26/14 TueSevy's Grill
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Brendan Higgins Fired From Channel 11 by Tim Rogers
- American Airlines Outsources Its In-Flight Magazine by Tim Rogers
- Huey P. Newton Gun Club Marches in Dallas To Protest Police Shootings by Tim Rogers
- DMagazine.com Seeks Online Managing Editor by Jason Heid
- About the Use of the Word ‘Portmanteau’ in Our July Issue by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.