Now you can have your food truck fix and permanent cover too. The Stand is a restaurant (truckaurant?) with a 1967 shiny silver Airstream parked inside. The food is “high-end classic American fare with a swanky twist” produced by chef Kellie Doyle, formerly of Bread Winners. She fixes Frito pies, sweet potato tater balls, a bacon-wrapped Nathan’s hot dog, mac and cheese, and chili. You can find The Stand sitting in the space formerly known as Rock n’ Taco on McKinney Avenue. Open until 3AM on weekends.
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Mike Morath Statement on Support Our Public Schools’ Home Rule Effort by Eric Celeste
- Dallas Pets Alive! Pet of the Month (March 2014) by Jason Heid
- Which D Magazine Staffer Are You? by Krista Nightengale
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.