Now you can have your food truck fix and permanent cover too. The Stand is a restaurant (truckaurant?) with a 1967 shiny silver Airstream parked inside. The food is “high-end classic American fare with a swanky twist” produced by chef Kellie Doyle, formerly of Bread Winners. She fixes Frito pies, sweet potato tater balls, a bacon-wrapped Nathan’s hot dog, mac and cheese, and chili. You can find The Stand sitting in the space formerly known as Rock n’ Taco on McKinney Avenue. Open until 3AM on weekends.
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
- Why We Devoted 10,000 Words to DPD’s Child Abuse Squad by Cristina Daglas
- Big Fire Near Trinity Forest Continues To Burn by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.