Rumor has it Hopdoddy Burger Bar from Austin just signed a lease in Preston Center for part of the 24-Hour Fitness space. Roll the buzzwords: all-natural, fresh, scratch, and crafted. The name was created to “express the perfect union of burgers and beer: handcrafted beer (hop) + (doddy), the nickname given to the native cow in Aberdeen, Scotland.” How long before every neighborhood in town has their own gourmet burger bar? Not a bad trend. BTW, sweet potato tots are trending. I ate a whole order last night at Peggy Sue BBQ.
- How Government Subsidies Are Hiding the Omni Convention Center Hotel’s Losses by Wylie H. Dallas
- Poll: What Should Dallas Do With the Convention Center Hotel? by Jason Heid
- Choose Your Own Adventure by Patrick Kennedy
- How I Did It: The Best New Restaurants in Dallas 2014 by Nancy Nichols
- What Caused That Earthquake Over the Weekend by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »