Rumor has it Hopdoddy Burger Bar from Austin just signed a lease in Preston Center for part of the 24-Hour Fitness space. Roll the buzzwords: all-natural, fresh, scratch, and crafted. The name was created to “express the perfect union of burgers and beer: handcrafted beer (hop) + (doddy), the nickname given to the native cow in Aberdeen, Scotland.” How long before every neighborhood in town has their own gourmet burger bar? Not a bad trend. BTW, sweet potato tots are trending. I ate a whole order last night at Peggy Sue BBQ.
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.