I have a friend who comes to Dallas twice a year to eat. She used to live here, but now she lives in a small town in Pennsylvania where Yelpers dole out four stars to Applebee’s. She arrives hungry for Thai and Indian food because in another life she lived in Thailand and India. We had a nifty bottle of Prosecco in the fridge, so we toted it to the BYOB-friendly place formerly known as Jasmine Thai II in Plano, one of the two locations of the family-owned business. Monday Night Football and a welcome rainstorm must have kept people home (this spot is usually jumping). And perhaps the lack of business contributed to the lack of consistency in the dishes we picked.
- How Government Subsidies Are Hiding the Omni Convention Center Hotel’s Losses by Wylie H. Dallas
- Poll: What Should Dallas Do With the Convention Center Hotel? by Jason Heid
- How I Did It: The Best New Restaurants in Dallas 2014 by Nancy Nichols
- Photos: Ferguson Protest in Dallas by Bradford Pearson
- Choose Your Own Adventure by Patrick Kennedy
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »