Just dropped into the new Bolsa Mercado this morning for its public debut and — wow — this place is a game changer for anyone shopping for quality groceries south of the Trinity. It fulfills the market part of the original Bolsa vision offering Tom Spicer greens, local cheeses, organic meats, house made sausage and pastries, a boutique wine/beer selection, gourmet dry goods, and more. Bolsa Mercado also offers sandwiches, panninis, gourmet to go items, and a first-rate coffee bar. Eventually, chefs Jeff Harris, Matt Balke, and team want to make as much in-house as possible and will offer catering from the market’s enormous kitchen, more than double the size of the tiny one at its sibling restaurant located two doors down. Happily, there’s enough diversity and everyday goods to encourage repeated visits. In fact, I’m already plotting my lunchtime return to try the wild boar tart.
9/19/14 FriAddison Circle Park
9/21/14 SunAddress To Be Disclosed Upon Ticket Purchase
9/23/14 TueCapitol Pub
9/24/14 WedThe Libertine Bar
9/24/14 WedBridge Bistro
10/18/14 SatLake Carolyn
- About Wylie H. Dallas’ Contributing to FrontBurner by Tim Rogers
- Ron Washington Resigned Because He Cheated on His Wife by Tim Rogers
- The Difficulties of Explaining McKinney Avenue to 3 Guys From Miami by Wylie H. Dallas
- Why Was John Wiley Price Trying To Get a Court-Appointed Attorney? by Zac Crain
- Lamster: Trinity Toll Road Is the ‘Urban Planning Equivalent of the Iraq War’ by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »