He’s Michael Ehlert, former executive sous chef at DBGB, the bistro owned by Michelin 3-star chef Daniel Boulud in New York (best known for his Daniel fine contemporary French restaurant) is ready to get going at his new gig in Dallas. Soon he’ll be cooking for Ed Bailey and Eddy “Really Lucky” Campbell at The Chesterfield, which officially opens next Monday but, unofficially, opens this Friday. It is at 1404 Main (the old Doc Bell’s BBQ location). The rumor is that he moved to Dallas from NYC for love, but a steady gig turning out flat breads and small plates must be be like Easy Street to Elhert. Should be good stuff. I hear hes been holed up in a secret kitchen in Dallas. BTW, the room is tiny (40 or so seats plus bar) so this may become one of the hardest reservations to get when they start rolling.
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- Emmanuel Mudiay to Earn $1.2M in Chinese League by Bradford Pearson
- Leading Off (7/22/14) by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.