He’s Michael Ehlert, former executive sous chef at DBGB, the bistro owned by Michelin 3-star chef Daniel Boulud in New York (best known for his Daniel fine contemporary French restaurant) is ready to get going at his new gig in Dallas. Soon he’ll be cooking for Ed Bailey and Eddy “Really Lucky” Campbell at The Chesterfield, which officially opens next Monday but, unofficially, opens this Friday. It is at 1404 Main (the old Doc Bell’s BBQ location). The rumor is that he moved to Dallas from NYC for love, but a steady gig turning out flat breads and small plates must be be like Easy Street to Elhert. Should be good stuff. I hear hes been holed up in a secret kitchen in Dallas. BTW, the room is tiny (40 or so seats plus bar) so this may become one of the hardest reservations to get when they start rolling.
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Mike Morath Statement on Support Our Public Schools’ Home Rule Effort by Eric Celeste
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.