When popular Dallas chef Joanne Bondy left her post at Ciudad to work at the ginormous Gaylord Texan, industry folks thought she was crazy. Now, almost six years later, we’re crazy for the improvements and the personal touches she has added to Old Hickory’s menu. It’s still mostly a steak restaurant. Filets, Cowboy rib-eyes, and the Prime rib-eye, topped with blue cheese, smoked bacon, and tobacco onions, are big sellers. But Bondy also offers a separate farm-to-market menu with local and regional ingredients.
- It Is Time to for Some Real Leadership and Vision in Downtown Dallas by Peter Simek
- SAGA Pod: Jim Schutze on JWP, Inland Ports, DISD, and Hippies by Eric Celeste
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Judgmental Map of Dallas by Krista Nightengale
- On the Removal of Our Story ‘Up in the Air’ by Cristina Daglas
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.