What a difference a year makes. Last year we struggled to find ten great new restaurants. This year, Teresa Gubbins and I had to slash and burn our way through a jungle of start ups. We tossed a few tomatoes at each other when picking the Restaurant of the Year. The final two were Lucia and Mesa. If I hadn’t had several service issues with Lucia, the outcome may have been different. And truth be told, I yearn for the oxtails in hoja santa sauce at Mesa on a daily basis.
4/16/14 WedKu De Ta
4/17/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
4/18/14 FriChocolate Secrets
4/20/14 SunWeekend Coffee
4/20/14 SunLounge 31
4/24/14 ThuValley View Center at Midtown
4/25/14 FriWestin Galleria Dallas
- It’s Time to Stop Talking Past Each Other on I-345 Teardown by Peter Simek
- Parsing That Long John Wiley Price Story by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (4/14/14) by Cristina Daglas
- Somebody Help This Poor Girl: The Most ‘Dallas’ Dallas Restaurant by Nancy Nichols
- The New Yorker on Jordan Spieth by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.