What a difference a year makes. Last year we struggled to find ten great new restaurants. This year, Teresa Gubbins and I had to slash and burn our way through a jungle of start ups. We tossed a few tomatoes at each other when picking the Restaurant of the Year. The final two were Lucia and Mesa. If I hadn’t had several service issues with Lucia, the outcome may have been different. And truth be told, I yearn for the oxtails in hoja santa sauce at Mesa on a daily basis.
5/6/15 WedCommunity Beer Co.
5/6/15 WedRahr & Sons Brewing Company
5/7/15 ThuDeep Ellum Brewing Co.
5/7/15 ThuMartin House Brewing Company
5/8/15 FriHyatt Regency Dallas
5/9/15 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/9/15 SatStonebridge Ranch Country Club
5/10/15 SunOmni Fort Worth Hotel
5/10/15 SunTexas Spice
- Who Can We Blame for This Garland Shooting? by Michael J. Mooney
- Why We Should Listen to Laura Miller’s Solution to the Scott Griggs Accusations by Peter Simek
- Breaking: Robin Wright Is as Smart as She Is Beautiful. And She Is Coming to Dallas by Christine Allison
- Leading Off (5/4/2015) by Liz Johnstone
- Why Dallas Is a Terrible Place to Grow Up Poor — And a Great Place to Be Rich by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »