Last week a small fire in two unattached storage sheds caused the temporary closing of the original location of Sonny Bryan’s Smokehouse on Inwood Road. They re-open 11AM. On Wednesday, October 12, they will host a celebration with the Guns & Hoses Foundation of North Texas, a non-profit that the company has supported for years. From 11 AM to 8 PM, 25 percent of all sales that day at the Inwood location will be donated to the organization, which provides monetary support to families of fallen fire and police officers, and raises funds to benefit the youth of our community. In addition to the donation, Sonny Bryan’s Smokehouse will honor Dallas firefighters from Fire Station 47 with a lunch and an official plaque made from door knobs that were removed from the Inwood restaurant when firefighters responded to the September 27 fire.
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
- How Chart Westcott Raised $1.2 Million for a State Rep Race and Only Got 30 Percent of the Vote by Eric Celeste
- A Lament for John Carona by Wick Allison
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.