I’ve followed the popular Bishop Arts restaurant since its birth. Great coffee and pancakes. But the omelettes? Meh, not so much. They were more like frittatas and always had those dry, crispy edges that I detest in egg dishes. “Plus, they take the kitchen way too long to make,” confided a server. So, begone, dry lackluster omelettes, and hello, scrambles and duck hash. Scrambled egg dishes include salmon with goat cheese, truffled egg with mozzarella and asparagus, and — my favorite — eggs scrambled with roasted pork shoulder, hatch chiles, mozzarella, and tortilla strips served with a side of salsa verde. Another new addition: duck hash with two over easy eggs, ranchero sauce, and hollandaise. The only bummer? You can’t get those wonderful fried green tomatoes for breakfast anymore. Sigh.
4/29/15 WedThe Hospitality Sweet
4/30/15 ThuTrinity Park
5/2/15 SatKlyde Warren Park
5/2/15 SatThe Library Bar
5/3/15 SunGin Mill
5/9/15 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/9/15 SatStonebridge Ranch Country Club
5/15/15 FriAddison Circle Park
- The Barrett Brown Review of Arts and Letters and Jail: A Sign of Things to Come by Barrett Brown
- Friday Afternoon Time Kill: An Interactive Tornado Map by Peter Simek
- Greg Hardy Suspended for 10 Games by Michael J. Mooney
- At Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth, An Emergency Without The Stakes by Jenna Peck
- Taste Test Thursday: North Texas BBQ Sauce (Spicy Edition) by Catherine Downes
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »