Do you tweet? Do you like to talk wine? Then you will enjoy the monthly TXwine Twitter Tuesday, community discussions led by Russ Kane with Vintage Texas. Tonight the tweet-a-thon will tackle food and wine. Sandstone Cellars’ Don Pullum, Texas grape grower and consultant winemaker, will present three recipes and six wines from Texas and beyond that highlight the role of acidity in both food and wine, and discuss how acidity plays a key role in wine and food pairing.
Instruction and the selected food and wine pairings are below.
- Texas Wine: Duchman Family Winery 2009 Dolcetto Bingham Family Vineyards
- Non Texas Wine: Bonny Doon 2010 Vin Gris de Cigare (California)
Kefta Kebabs with Couscous
- Texas wine: Haak Vineyards 2008 Tempranillo Reddy Vineyard
- Non Texas wine: Campo Viejo 2007 Crianza Rioja (Spain)
Vanilla Ice Cream with Warm Apricot Jam
- Texas wine: Texas Hills Vineyard 2010 Orange Moscato Newsom Vineyards
- Non Texas Wine: Quady 2009 Essencia (California)
We hope our Twitter friends will pick up one or more of the wines, possibly even prepare one or more of the recipes, and participate in September’s TXwine Twitter Tuesday.
The recipes can be found here: http://vintagetexas.com/blog/?p=5325
Please use the hashtag #TXwine.
NOTE: If you’re new to Twitter, here’s how you participate: just sign up for a free Twitter account at www.twitter.com. To make it easy to follow and participate in the discussion, go to the Tweetchat room set up for TXwine Twitter Tuesdays: http://tweetchat.com/room/TXwine. No registration is required; you can login using your Twitter account. In the Tweetchat room, participants are invited to follow tweets, add comments, and share thoughts. Participants should use the hashtag #TXwine with Tweets, if using TweetDeck or another Twitter application.