The Whole Foods resignation letter of doom fiasco of 2011 did little to dampen the store’s national cleaver-slinging face-off: the Whole Foods Market’s Best Butcher Competition. In short, Whole Foods Market butchers from around the nation competed in each region, ultimately participating in the 2011 Amstel Light Meatopia event in New York City. Why do we care? Because Dallas’ own Hans “Grizz” Van Der Enden won the coveted title, which comes with a cleaver trophy and bragging rights, as well as an all-expenses-paid trip to Iceland to be part of that country’s festive fall lamb round-up event, réttir.
4/16/14 WedKu De Ta
4/17/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
4/18/14 FriChocolate Secrets
4/20/14 SunWeekend Coffee
4/20/14 SunLounge 31
4/24/14 ThuValley View Center at Midtown
4/25/14 FriWestin Galleria Dallas
- It’s Time to Stop Talking Past Each Other on I-345 Teardown by Peter Simek
- Parsing That Long John Wiley Price Story by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (4/14/14) by Cristina Daglas
- Somebody Help This Poor Girl: The Most ‘Dallas’ Dallas Restaurant by Nancy Nichols
- The New Yorker on Jordan Spieth by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.