Two Dallas food biz veterans, Wendy Krispin and Kay Agnew, are joining forces to open Royal 60. Both gals are dear to my heart as they have spent most of their lives catering. (I still believe every presidential candidate should be able to cater a wedding for 400–hardest job in the world.) Kay has been slinging Cajun food and running restaurants almost 30 years while Wendy is just out of rookie status at 25 years. Kay’s restaurant Margaux’s has had at least nine lives and probably close to that many locations. Her current digs in the Design District will be the new home for Royal 60. “This project is a way for Kay and I to celebrate our combined experience,” Wendy said. They are working on the plans for Royal 60, but it will basically be a wine bar with food. Details on the way…You go, girls.
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Mike Morath Statement on Support Our Public Schools’ Home Rule Effort by Eric Celeste
- Dallas Pets Alive! Pet of the Month (March 2014) by Jason Heid
- Researchers Develop First-Ever Blood Test to Detect Alzheimer’s by Matt Goodman
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.