If you missed last night’s second annual Bastille on Bishop celebration in Oak Cliff’s Bishop Arts District, you missed a tasty, sweaty good time. The 100+ degree heat didn’t deter the crowds from enjoying street side crepes, wine from Calais Winery, and mussels from local chefs such as John Tesar (The Commissary), Marc Cassel (Peavy Road), Tim Byres (Smoke), and others. In the end, former Stephan Pyles chef Matt McCallister won first place in the best mussels competition with Scott Romano of Charlie Palmer at The Joule taking second.
7/30/14 WedCraft and Growler
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.