John Tesar has decided to close The Table, the 12-seat tasting room inside The Commissary.The Table will close on August 1 but is scheduled to reopen around September 15 with a new concept. The press release says Tesar will retool The Table menu and “spend the necessary time focusing on The Commissary and getting the service and other restaurant issues up to the standards that he has was known for at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek.” I hope so. According to two of my friends who dined at last Sunday’s the lobster bake, the service “was the worst I’ve ever had.” And that person has had a lot of bad service. Go, John. Fix it and they will come.
- Beauty Bar
- Dallas’ Most Exclusive Private Clubs by Brantley Hargrove and Glenn Hunter
- Diane von Furstenberg Thinks Dallas Women are the Most Beautiful in America by Margaux Anbouba
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- Questions About Jill Jordan’s Bewildering ‘Trinity Lakes’ Briefing by Wylie H. Dallas
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- Are These Ebola-Themed Halloween Decorations in Poor Taste? by Jason Heid
- Taste Test Thursday: Restaurant Chips and Salsa by Catherine Downes
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »