John Tesar has decided to close The Table, the 12-seat tasting room inside The Commissary.The Table will close on August 1 but is scheduled to reopen around September 15 with a new concept. The press release says Tesar will retool The Table menu and “spend the necessary time focusing on The Commissary and getting the service and other restaurant issues up to the standards that he has was known for at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek.” I hope so. According to two of my friends who dined at last Sunday’s the lobster bake, the service “was the worst I’ve ever had.” And that person has had a lot of bad service. Go, John. Fix it and they will come.
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- 8 Achievable Steps to Improve Urbanism by Peter Simek
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
- The Best Thing Written So Far About the John Wiley Price Indictment by Peter Simek
- Why the Cotton Bowl Still Has Value as a Sports Facility by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.