John Tesar has decided to close The Table, the 12-seat tasting room inside The Commissary.The Table will close on August 1 but is scheduled to reopen around September 15 with a new concept. The press release says Tesar will retool The Table menu and “spend the necessary time focusing on The Commissary and getting the service and other restaurant issues up to the standards that he has was known for at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek.” I hope so. According to two of my friends who dined at last Sunday’s the lobster bake, the service “was the worst I’ve ever had.” And that person has had a lot of bad service. Go, John. Fix it and they will come.
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Mike Morath Statement on Support Our Public Schools’ Home Rule Effort by Eric Celeste
- Dallas Pets Alive! Pet of the Month (March 2014) by Jason Heid
- Researchers Develop First-Ever Blood Test to Detect Alzheimer’s by Matt Goodman
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.