Teresa Gubbins has been all over this story like hot on fries (where did I just read that?). She reported Friday that the former owners of foodie favorite La Palapa Veracruzana that closed nearly two years ago, Raul and Olga Reyes, have been given a second chance to showcase their talents at Mesa. Their savior? No, not Carl Van Fleet of In-N-Out. The Reyes’, according to Gubbins, were saved by “by a support group that includes Chris Zielke, co-owner of Smoke and Bolsa, as well as Nick Zukin, the Portland blogger and restaurateur who is co-owner of Kenny & Zuke’s Delicatessen. Bolsa bartender Eddie “Lucky” Campbell consulted on the cocktail menu, which includes a luscious house-made horchata — spiked, of course.” Opening day is set for Friday, May 20. 118-A West Jefferson Blvd.
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- The Best New Restaurants in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Best Dallas Suburbs
- Pecan Lodge Is Moving From Dallas Farmers Market to Deep Ellum by Nancy Nichols
- Save Your Nelson Mandela Status Messages, the Omni Dallas Just Won by Bradford Pearson
- The Loon Must Move to a New Location in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- Give Us Feedback on the New Design by Tim Rogers
- Cash McElroy: The Other Side of the Story by Tim Rogers
- Teiichi Sakurai Will Open a Ramen Shop in Sylvan|Thirty Called ‘Ten’ by Carol Shih
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.