The former Popolos space will soon become a modern Tuscan farmhouse-style restaurant. Veteran Dallas restaurateur Patrick (Cru, Ferre, Steel, Victory Tavern) is the force behind the deal. The man in the kitchen will be chef Kevin Ascolese, a long-time friend and co-worker of Colombo’s. You remember Ascolese. He cooked at Salve, Mi Piaci, and Ferre in the West Village. The dynamic duo are shooting for an opening in late August. “It won’t be high end, “Colombo said. “We plan to fit right into the neighborhood.”
- New Buildings Vs. Old Buildings: The Battle for Downtown by Krista Nightengale
- Michael Morris Knows Which Way the Wind Is Blowing by Jason Heid
- Why Did the DMN Largely Ignore 35 Percent of DISD Test-takers? by Eric Celeste
- Were You Watching Today’s Slow-Speed Police Chase in Fort Worth? by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (5/25/2015) by Liz Johnstone
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »