The former Popolos space will soon become a modern Tuscan farmhouse-style restaurant. Veteran Dallas restaurateur Patrick (Cru, Ferre, Steel, Victory Tavern) is the force behind the deal. The man in the kitchen will be chef Kevin Ascolese, a long-time friend and co-worker of Colombo’s. You remember Ascolese. He cooked at Salve, Mi Piaci, and Ferre in the West Village. The dynamic duo are shooting for an opening in late August. “It won’t be high end, “Colombo said. “We plan to fit right into the neighborhood.”
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- Poll: Should Mike Rawlings Run Again? by Jason Heid
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.