The former Popolos space will soon become a modern Tuscan farmhouse-style restaurant. Veteran Dallas restaurateur Patrick (Cru, Ferre, Steel, Victory Tavern) is the force behind the deal. The man in the kitchen will be chef Kevin Ascolese, a long-time friend and co-worker of Colombo’s. You remember Ascolese. He cooked at Salve, Mi Piaci, and Ferre in the West Village. The dynamic duo are shooting for an opening in late August. “It won’t be high end, “Colombo said. “We plan to fit right into the neighborhood.”
- Black-eyed Pea in Preston Center in Dallas is Closing Tomorrow by Nancy Nichols
- Have You Met the Mamey? It’s Worth a Small Dallas Odyssey. by Eve Hill-Agnus
- Inside Scottish Rite’s Run As One Of America’s Best Orthopedic Programs by Sean Kelly
- 5 Must-Try Ice Cream Sandwiches in Dallas by Melissa Mackaly
- The Cedars — Patching the Grid by Joe Esposito
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »