The former Popolos space will soon become a modern Tuscan farmhouse-style restaurant. Veteran Dallas restaurateur Patrick (Cru, Ferre, Steel, Victory Tavern) is the force behind the deal. The man in the kitchen will be chef Kevin Ascolese, a long-time friend and co-worker of Colombo’s. You remember Ascolese. He cooked at Salve, Mi Piaci, and Ferre in the West Village. The dynamic duo are shooting for an opening in late August. “It won’t be high end, “Colombo said. “We plan to fit right into the neighborhood.”
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Mike Morath Statement on Support Our Public Schools’ Home Rule Effort by Eric Celeste
- Dallas Pets Alive! Pet of the Month (March 2014) by Jason Heid
- Researchers Develop First-Ever Blood Test to Detect Alzheimer’s by Matt Goodman
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.