I just got a note about the upcoming Star of the Bar competition being held in Chicago on May 22 where amateur and professional mixologists compete for who is the best of the bar. The group of 6 finalists were selected by an online vote and Sean Conner of Whiskey Cake, with The Cakes Watermelon Crush leads the pack. More information from the release below. Good luck Sean!!
After a nationwide search among the best amateur and professional mixologists, the online industry community has selected six semi-finalists for the second annual Star of the Bar competition. The signature cocktail creators are now heading to Chicago to show off their skills in live competition at the 2011 International Wine, Spirits & Beer Event (IWSB) on May 22.
The six Star of the Bar semi-finalists are:
· Sean Conner from Whiskey Cake Kitchen & Bar in Plano, TX with his The Cake’s Watermelon Crush
· Emily George from Cameron Mitchell Restaurants in Granville, OH with her BeachcOmber
· Jamie Koeppler from Madisons in Madison, WI with his Femme Fatale· Robert Leavey from The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, CO with his The Real McCoy
· Dante LoPresti from Double A in Chicago, IL with his The Pink Lion
· Emilio Tiburcio from Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, NV with his Imperial Garden
“We wish all the semi-finalists good luck in the competition during the 2011 International Wine, Spirits & Beer Event,” said David Gilbert, Chief Operating Officer of the National Restaurant Association. “These individuals have demonstrated remarkable creativity and skill to come up with new and exciting cocktails, which are an integral part of our industry’s ongoing mission to complement restaurant meals, create customer appeal and drive traffic.”