DMN’s Jennifer Emily reports Bob Sambol, founder of Bob’s Steak & Chop House, pleaded guilty this afternoon to felony theft. Sambol was accused of taking $300,000 from an investor to make improvements on the restaurant. The improvements were never made. Sambol will repay the debt. He received 10 years of deferred adjudication. I reached Bob on his cell. “It’s settled. It’s over,” Sambol said. “Business is great at Bob’s and there is a bright future to look forward to.”
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- Poll: Should Mike Rawlings Run Again? by Jason Heid
- Emmanuel Mudiay to Earn $1.2M in Chinese League by Bradford Pearson
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.