DMN’s Jennifer Emily reports Bob Sambol, founder of Bob’s Steak & Chop House, pleaded guilty this afternoon to felony theft. Sambol was accused of taking $300,000 from an investor to make improvements on the restaurant. The improvements were never made. Sambol will repay the debt. He received 10 years of deferred adjudication. I reached Bob on his cell. “It’s settled. It’s over,” Sambol said. “Business is great at Bob’s and there is a bright future to look forward to.”
- It Is Time to for Some Real Leadership and Vision in Downtown Dallas by Peter Simek
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Judgmental Map of Dallas by Krista Nightengale
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.