DMN’s Jennifer Emily reports Bob Sambol, founder of Bob’s Steak & Chop House, pleaded guilty this afternoon to felony theft. Sambol was accused of taking $300,000 from an investor to make improvements on the restaurant. The improvements were never made. Sambol will repay the debt. He received 10 years of deferred adjudication. I reached Bob on his cell. “It’s settled. It’s over,” Sambol said. “Business is great at Bob’s and there is a bright future to look forward to.”
- Robert Edsel Is a Little Confused About What ‘Humble’ Means by Tim Rogers
- Whoa, Paul Rudd Was (UPDATE: Not) One of the Airport Heroes Who Took Down the Homophobe by Jason Heid
- There Was No Debate About the Trinity Toll Road at the Stemmons Corridor Business Association Luncheon by Peter Simek
- Poll: When Will Texas Have a Blue Governor? by Jason Heid
- Meet the Antigay Bully Arrested at DFW Airport in Last Week’s Viral Video by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »