Each month, Lawry’s good-natured chef, Matt “Melon Head” Melton heads to Market Street in McKinney to teach a hands-on cooking class for mentally handicapped kids and young of adults. The classes are held every two weeks (1st and 3rd Wednesday) and they are looking for other chefs in the area who might be interested in teaching one or ten. “These classes are an awesome way for these guys to have fun and work on motor skills, “Melton said. If you are a chef and are interested in participating, please call Ruth or Maria at Dish at Market Street. 972-548-5167. You can check out the full schedule of classes here.
5/7/16 SatOak Cliff Cultural Center
5/7/16 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/7/16 SatVarious locations
5/12/16 ThuFixture Restaurant
5/13/16 FriAddison Circle Park
5/14/16 SatCommunity Beer Co.
5/15/16 SunWest 7th
5/15/16 SunBishop Arts District
5/21/16 SatGlobe Life Park in Arlington
5/29/16 SunThe West End
- Best Hotel Pools in Dallas
- Go Inside the Homes of Bravo's Real Housewives of Dallas by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Breakfasts in Dallas by D Magazine
- My Office: Alan White by Jeanne Prejean
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- Is Anyone Else a Little Creeped Out By the Idea of a Homeless Concentration Camp? by Peter Simek
- Drama Unfolds With Ousting of Dallas Summer Musicals President Michael Jenkins by Alex Macon
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Episode 4 Recap by Tim Rogers
- A Frenchman Walks Into Downtown Dallas by Tim Rogers
- Will Ousting of Dallas Summer Musicals Honcho Impact Fair Park’s Future? by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »