Each month, Lawry’s good-natured chef, Matt “Melon Head” Melton heads to Market Street in McKinney to teach a hands-on cooking class for mentally handicapped kids and young of adults. The classes are held every two weeks (1st and 3rd Wednesday) and they are looking for other chefs in the area who might be interested in teaching one or ten. “These classes are an awesome way for these guys to have fun and work on motor skills, “Melton said. If you are a chef and are interested in participating, please call Ruth or Maria at Dish at Market Street. 972-548-5167. You can check out the full schedule of classes here.
2/10/16 WedDallas Fish Market
2/13/16 Sat3 Nations Brewing
2/16/16 TueIII Forks
2/20/16 SatTaschen Library
2/29/16 MonHyatt Regency Dallas
3/3/16 ThuCommunity Beer Co.
3/4/16 FriFair Park
- Hot Property: New Orleans Style in Lower Greenville by Caitlin Clark
- 2016 Oak Cliff Mardi Gras Parade
- The Best Breakfasts in Dallas by D Magazine
- Dallas Dating Guide by D Magazine
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- Dallas City Council Bans Exxxotica From Using Convention Center by Jason Heid
- Dallas Intersections That Would Make Fantastic Aliases or Elmore Leonard Characters, Ranked by Zac Crain
- Once You Decide You Want to Be In the Convention Business, You Have to Be In the Convention Business by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (2/8/16) by Zac Crain
- The Lesson South Oak Cliff High Just Taught All DISD Students by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »