Each month, Lawry’s good-natured chef, Matt “Melon Head” Melton heads to Market Street in McKinney to teach a hands-on cooking class for mentally handicapped kids and young of adults. The classes are held every two weeks (1st and 3rd Wednesday) and they are looking for other chefs in the area who might be interested in teaching one or ten. “These classes are an awesome way for these guys to have fun and work on motor skills, “Melton said. If you are a chef and are interested in participating, please call Ruth or Maria at Dish at Market Street. 972-548-5167. You can check out the full schedule of classes here.
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
9/24/14 WedThe Libertine Bar
- The 10 Most Eligible Men in Dallas
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- How an Office Romance Went Off the Rails and Brought Down the NCPA’s John Goodman by Glenn Hunter
- You Must Go to the Dallas Chocolate Festival by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Jay Jerrier Hates Children, Takes Away Their Fountain at White Rock Cane Rosso by Tim Rogers
- Classical Music Criticism in Dallas: It’s Time for a Makeover by Catherine Womack
- Behind the Scenes of the Dallas 40 Cover Shoot by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (8/28/14) by Zac Crain
- CMS Again Alleges Parkland Safety Lapse Resulted In Patient Harm by Matt Goodman
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.