Each month, Lawry’s good-natured chef, Matt “Melon Head” Melton heads to Market Street in McKinney to teach a hands-on cooking class for mentally handicapped kids and young of adults. The classes are held every two weeks (1st and 3rd Wednesday) and they are looking for other chefs in the area who might be interested in teaching one or ten. “These classes are an awesome way for these guys to have fun and work on motor skills, “Melton said. If you are a chef and are interested in participating, please call Ruth or Maria at Dish at Market Street. 972-548-5167. You can check out the full schedule of classes here.
10/26/14 SunDallas Farmers Market
10/30/14 ThuSaint Ann Restaurant and Bar
10/31/14 FriRed Arrow Contemporary
10/31/14 FriStampede 66
10/31/14 FriSissy's Southern Kitchen and Bar
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- Are These Ebola-Themed Halloween Decorations in Poor Taste? by Jason Heid
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- Taste Test Thursday: Restaurant Chips and Salsa by Catherine Downes
- VIDEO: Crowd Stops Antigay Attack at DFW Airport by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »