Last week I spoke with the James Tidwell, the Master Sommelier at the Four Seasons in Las Colinas. It was a few days before he left for a three-week trip to Japan. He planned to spend time at the Four Seasons in Tokyo before heading out to tour the country which included a stop in Niigata to tour some sake breweries. When I learned of the earthquake and tsunami, I emailed him and didn’t hear back until minutes ago. I’m happy to report he is fine. He is in the Kansai area (Kyoto-Nara-Osaka) which is south and inland of major damage. James has had some communication with the Four Seasons in Tokyo and the staff is okay but phone lines are down and they have not been able to communicate with their families. Developing.
- 50 Best Restaurants in Dallas by D Magazine
- Hot Property: Tri-Level Craftsman in Lower Greenville by Caitlin Clark
- High Fives' First Anniversary Party
- 'The Real Housewives of Dallas' Episode 10 Recap by Tim Rogers
- Brandi Redmond and Stephanie Hollman Dish on Their Favorite Dallas Restaurants by Catherine Downes
- Settle a Bet Between Me and Nancy by Tim Rogers
- A Dispatch From the D Magazine Sweat Lodge by Tim Rogers
- Is the New Rangers Ballpark a Terrible Deal For Arlington? by Zac Crain
- Theranos, the Battered Diagnostic Startup, Has a Dallas Tie: Real Estate Magnate Craig Hall by Chase Beakley
- Leading Off (6/24/16) by Staci Parks
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »