Food & Wine must have read our Best of Big D issue last year. They’re taking their annual Best New Chef award to the people and asking readers to vote for who they think is the top chef of each region, calling it the People’s Best New Chef 2011. Good idea. And though Austin gets a lot of love in the Southwest region (four out of the ten chefs listed), we have two of DFW’s top talents in the running: Tim Byres of Smoke and Casey Thompson of Brownstone. The winner will be profiled in the July issue of F&W. Wanna vote? Go here and show our homegrown talent the love.
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
- How Chart Westcott Raised $1.2 Million for a State Rep Race and Only Got 30 Percent of the Vote by Eric Celeste
- A Lament for John Carona by Wick Allison
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.