Food & Wine must have read our Best of Big D issue last year. They’re taking their annual Best New Chef award to the people and asking readers to vote for who they think is the top chef of each region, calling it the People’s Best New Chef 2011. Good idea. And though Austin gets a lot of love in the Southwest region (four out of the ten chefs listed), we have two of DFW’s top talents in the running: Tim Byres of Smoke and Casey Thompson of Brownstone. The winner will be profiled in the July issue of F&W. Wanna vote? Go here and show our homegrown talent the love.
8/23/14 SatMain Street Garden
8/23/14 SatRabbit Hole Brewing
8/26/14 TueSevy's Grill
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Brendan Higgins Fired From Channel 11 by Tim Rogers
- American Airlines Outsources Its In-Flight Magazine by Tim Rogers
- Huey P. Newton Gun Club Marches in Dallas To Protest Police Shootings by Tim Rogers
- DMagazine.com Seeks Online Managing Editor by Jason Heid
- About the Use of the Word ‘Portmanteau’ in Our July Issue by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.