Food & Wine must have read our Best of Big D issue last year. They’re taking their annual Best New Chef award to the people and asking readers to vote for who they think is the top chef of each region, calling it the People’s Best New Chef 2011. Good idea. And though Austin gets a lot of love in the Southwest region (four out of the ten chefs listed), we have two of DFW’s top talents in the running: Tim Byres of Smoke and Casey Thompson of Brownstone. The winner will be profiled in the July issue of F&W. Wanna vote? Go here and show our homegrown talent the love.
- It Is Time to for Some Real Leadership and Vision in Downtown Dallas by Peter Simek
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- SAGA Pod: Jim Schutze on JWP, Inland Ports, DISD, and Hippies by Eric Celeste
- On the Removal of Our Story ‘Up in the Air’ by Cristina Daglas
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.