It’s time to tuck a plum blossom in your hair and feast on the delightful foods of China. Today is the beginning of the Chinese New Year and 2011 is the Year of the Rabbit (tranquility!). No more nasty tigers or stinky rats, just cute little bunnies. You can take your bunnies to the Crow Museum of Asian Art on Saturday where they will feature lion dances, lantern making, yoga inspired by the animals of the Chinese Zodiac, and a rabbit petting zoo in honor of the Year of the Rabbit. I’ve got plans to feast at Yao Fuzi in Plano. Have any of you decided where you will celebrate? Give it up.
10/8/15 ThuDallas Arboretum
10/10/15 SatThe Dubliner
10/11/15 SunTruck Yard
10/13/15 TueThe Grape
10/14/15 WedDallas Farmers Market
10/14/15 WedCapitol Pub
10/15/15 ThuKettle Art
10/17/15 SatCity Hall Plaza
- Was Susan Hawk ‘Committed’ or Wasn’t She? by Tim Rogers
- Toronto Columnist Bad-Mouths Arlington Ahead of Rangers-Blue Jays Series by Jason Heid
- Inequality and Texas Independent School Districts by Jason Heid
- Things To Do In Dallas Tonight: Oct. 5 by Alex Macon
- Arlington Is Mad About the Texas Rangers’ AL West Champions T-Shirts by Zac Crain
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »