I’m happy to report that some newspapers still have a budget! Last week, at the request of their sports department, the New York Times sent restaurant critic Sam Sifton to advance the local food scene. He did a fairly good job of flushing out a few out-of-the-way places. I was happy to read that Sifton connected with BBQ Snob, Daniel Vaughn. Here is Sifton’s piece. And his follow-up blog post. I have left a link to SideDish on the NYT blog, but doubt it will get past moderators. So read it and leave comments. I’m going to opening night party for the media tonight. I will direct all of them to this link. So, bundle up and let’s send them to taste the real Dallas/Fort Worth.
9/22/14 MonOcean Prime
9/23/14 TueCapitol Pub
9/24/14 WedThe Libertine Bar
9/24/14 WedBridge Bistro
10/18/14 SatLake Carolyn
- Ron Washington Resigned Because He Cheated on His Wife by Tim Rogers
- The Observer’s ‘Dallas Needs More Bookstores’ Cover Story Is Lazy by Bradford Pearson
- Westlake Academy Is Early Leader in North Texas Giving Day by Tim Rogers
- DMN Managing Editor George Rodrigue Leaving for WFAA by Eric Celeste
- 1611 Main Street, R.I.P. by Krista Nightengale
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »