I’m happy to report that some newspapers still have a budget! Last week, at the request of their sports department, the New York Times sent restaurant critic Sam Sifton to advance the local food scene. He did a fairly good job of flushing out a few out-of-the-way places. I was happy to read that Sifton connected with BBQ Snob, Daniel Vaughn. Here is Sifton’s piece. And his follow-up blog post. I have left a link to SideDish on the NYT blog, but doubt it will get past moderators. So read it and leave comments. I’m going to opening night party for the media tonight. I will direct all of them to this link. So, bundle up and let’s send them to taste the real Dallas/Fort Worth.
5/23/15 SatBuddhist Center of Dallas
5/24/15 SunBishop Arts District
5/27/15 WedChestnut Square
6/13/15 Sat"Secret Location"
6/18/15 ThuKettle Art
- Hot Property: 5638 Gaston Avenue by Caitlin Clark
- The Standard Pour
- The Legend of Chris Kyle by Michael J. Mooney
- St. Vincent and the Dallas Symphony Orchestra Dazzle at the Winspear by Catherine Womack
- Nobody Went to the Dallas Music District Festival by Alex Macon
- Feds Indict Founding Physician Of Forest Park Medical Center On 17 Counts Of Healthcare Fraud by Matt Goodman
- Joe Tone Steps Down as Editor of the Dallas Observer by Tim Rogers
- The Barrett Brown Review of Arts and Letters and Jail: This Prison Is Kind of Corrupt by Barrett Brown
- Should We Really Be Trying to Build a Park in the Trinity? by Peter Simek
- What Color Is the Trinity? by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »