Walter “Dub” Davis has made a few cocktails in Dallas. He has worked at the Loon, Obar, Steel, and Bolsa. For two years he worked alongside Eddie “Lucky” Campbell and Michael Martensen. Recently he took his talents to Zanata in Plano. Since, he has morphed from bartender to mixologist. “I was already looking to maybe do something in that area because of the old school downtown architecture in an area that has nothing but strip malls,” he says. “I am doing market fresh, vintage, and classic cocktails. Also some molecular mixology (foams, liquid nitrogen, etc). And in the next few weeks I will be implementing an ice program with hand-chipped ice for whiskey lovers.” Way to go, Dub. Plano, the new Bishop Arts?
10/26/14 SunDallas Farmers Market
10/30/14 ThuSaint Ann Restaurant and Bar
10/31/14 FriRed Arrow Contemporary
10/31/14 FriStampede 66
10/31/14 FriSissy's Southern Kitchen and Bar
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- Are These Ebola-Themed Halloween Decorations in Poor Taste? by Jason Heid
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- Taste Test Thursday: Restaurant Chips and Salsa by Catherine Downes
- VIDEO: Crowd Stops Antigay Attack at DFW Airport by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »