I was talking with a friend of mine who said a woman had hurt his pride. He’s a server in a fancy pants restaurant and he actually enjoys his job. Recently one of his customers tipped 12 percent on a bill which included a $120 bottle of wine. The total bill was $242. She left $30 and made a point of telling the server she “doesn’t tip on the cost of the wine anymore because you already make enough on the mark-up.” So, how about you? Do you tip on wine? Subtract the tax? Or tip of total amount. I’m a 20 percent minimum on the whole tab, but I used to wait tables. Go.
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
- My Five Cents: Food Criticism, F-Bombs, and Firing the Messenger by Nancy Nichols
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.