I was talking with a friend of mine who said a woman had hurt his pride. He’s a server in a fancy pants restaurant and he actually enjoys his job. Recently one of his customers tipped 12 percent on a bill which included a $120 bottle of wine. The total bill was $242. She left $30 and made a point of telling the server she “doesn’t tip on the cost of the wine anymore because you already make enough on the mark-up.” So, how about you? Do you tip on wine? Subtract the tax? Or tip of total amount. I’m a 20 percent minimum on the whole tab, but I used to wait tables. Go.
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.