I like Steven Doyle, but yesterday he ruined my world. Bongo’s Latin Grill is a funky dive on Northwest Highway across from Bachman Lake. The floor is covered with sand, there is a old boat in the middle of the space, and the friendly waitresses are dressed in red hot pants and skimpy shirts. The tacos are great, the margaritas are huge, and the spontaneous karaoke parties make you feel you are sitting in a seaside dive on the coast of Mexico. And I lived around the corner and they delivered food AND beer. Anywhoo, I wrote a review of the place for the February issue and sent a photographer to capture the essence of this spunky spot. But Doyle, also a fan, e-mailed me last night to tell me the place closed last Friday. I am crushed. My nieces are crying. I hate it when that happens.
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
9/24/14 WedThe Libertine Bar
- The 10 Most Eligible Men in Dallas
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- How an Office Romance Went Off the Rails and Brought Down the NCPA’s John Goodman by Glenn Hunter
- You Must Go to the Dallas Chocolate Festival by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Jay Jerrier Hates Children, Takes Away Their Fountain at White Rock Cane Rosso by Tim Rogers
- Classical Music Criticism in Dallas: It’s Time for a Makeover by Catherine Womack
- Behind the Scenes of the Dallas 40 Cover Shoot by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (8/28/14) by Zac Crain
- CMS Again Alleges Parkland Safety Lapse Resulted In Patient Harm by Matt Goodman
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.