I like Steven Doyle, but yesterday he ruined my world. Bongo’s Latin Grill is a funky dive on Northwest Highway across from Bachman Lake. The floor is covered with sand, there is a old boat in the middle of the space, and the friendly waitresses are dressed in red hot pants and skimpy shirts. The tacos are great, the margaritas are huge, and the spontaneous karaoke parties make you feel you are sitting in a seaside dive on the coast of Mexico. And I lived around the corner and they delivered food AND beer. Anywhoo, I wrote a review of the place for the February issue and sent a photographer to capture the essence of this spunky spot. But Doyle, also a fan, e-mailed me last night to tell me the place closed last Friday. I am crushed. My nieces are crying. I hate it when that happens.
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Judgmental Map of Dallas by Krista Nightengale
- 8 Achievable Steps to Improve Urbanism by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.