I like Steven Doyle, but yesterday he ruined my world. Bongo’s Latin Grill is a funky dive on Northwest Highway across from Bachman Lake. The floor is covered with sand, there is a old boat in the middle of the space, and the friendly waitresses are dressed in red hot pants and skimpy shirts. The tacos are great, the margaritas are huge, and the spontaneous karaoke parties make you feel you are sitting in a seaside dive on the coast of Mexico. And I lived around the corner and they delivered food AND beer. Anywhoo, I wrote a review of the place for the February issue and sent a photographer to capture the essence of this spunky spot. But Doyle, also a fan, e-mailed me last night to tell me the place closed last Friday. I am crushed. My nieces are crying. I hate it when that happens.
8/28/14 ThuDel Frisco's Grille
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Poll: Should City of Dallas Workers Live Here? by Jason Heid
- First Day of School! Except Where Kids Have Already Had 100 Hours of Instruction. by Eric Celeste
- How an Office Romance Went Off the Rails and Brought Down the NCPA’s John Goodman by Glenn Hunter
- Managed Toll Lanes Are Taking Over North Texas by Tim Rogers
- A New DISD Dad Offers Thoughts on How to Recruit More Parents by Eric Celeste
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.