Whole Foods announced the availability of Three Wishes, a non-vintage Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Chardonnay from California. Each is $2.99 a bottle or $33.33 a case! The wines are available at all Whole Foods locations, but they will be open for free tasting at the Park Lane and Highland Park (Lomo Alto & Lemmon) stores on Fridays and Saturdays of this month. Despite their diminutive size, these are standard 750 ml bottles. They are physically smaller because they are larger on the inside than on the outside as a result of the use of Tardis technology. According to Stanley Mehta, wine guy at the Highland Park store, they are flying off the shelves. Obviously you cannot expect Grand Cru wines for the price of a gallon of premium gas but a quick tasting indicated three wines that are type-correct and worth the money. The Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon are the more noteworthy of the three and would be a good choice for large parties and similar events during the holiday season.
- What Restaurant or Cuisine Does Dallas Need? by Nancy Nichols
- Henderson Tap House to Open in January With a Lengthy Dress Code by Nancy Nichols
- Bon Voyage, #chaneldallas by Cristina Daglas
- Leading Off (12/11/13) by Krista Nightengale
- Lakewood Brewing Co. Released its Bourbon Barrel Temptress During the Ice Storm by Matthew Shelley
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.