On my last birthday, I celebrated with one too many gimlets and a joy ride in some guy named Chuck’s convertible (legalities prohibit me from saying whether it was Norris or the guy from that spy show. Suffice it to say, I won’t be going back to LA anytime soon). Turns out, however, that not everyone celebrates with such willful disregard for good taste. Take Scardello, the site of my introduction to great cheese. Turns out they’re turning 2 on October 30 with a free, come-one-come-all party — our favorite kind — from 5:30-10:30 pm, during which owners Rich and Karen Rogers plan to trot out some rare surprises in the form of “cheesemonger’s choice” cheese plates. Your first glass of wine will only run you $2 (after that, you’re on your own at $6). But if you have one too many, stay away from anyone named Chuck. Take it from me, it won’t end well.
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (3/7/14) by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.