On my last birthday, I celebrated with one too many gimlets and a joy ride in some guy named Chuck’s convertible (legalities prohibit me from saying whether it was Norris or the guy from that spy show. Suffice it to say, I won’t be going back to LA anytime soon). Turns out, however, that not everyone celebrates with such willful disregard for good taste. Take Scardello, the site of my introduction to great cheese. Turns out they’re turning 2 on October 30 with a free, come-one-come-all party — our favorite kind — from 5:30-10:30 pm, during which owners Rich and Karen Rogers plan to trot out some rare surprises in the form of “cheesemonger’s choice” cheese plates. Your first glass of wine will only run you $2 (after that, you’re on your own at $6). But if you have one too many, stay away from anyone named Chuck. Take it from me, it won’t end well.
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.