On my last birthday, I celebrated with one too many gimlets and a joy ride in some guy named Chuck’s convertible (legalities prohibit me from saying whether it was Norris or the guy from that spy show. Suffice it to say, I won’t be going back to LA anytime soon). Turns out, however, that not everyone celebrates with such willful disregard for good taste. Take Scardello, the site of my introduction to great cheese. Turns out they’re turning 2 on October 30 with a free, come-one-come-all party — our favorite kind — from 5:30-10:30 pm, during which owners Rich and Karen Rogers plan to trot out some rare surprises in the form of “cheesemonger’s choice” cheese plates. Your first glass of wine will only run you $2 (after that, you’re on your own at $6). But if you have one too many, stay away from anyone named Chuck. Take it from me, it won’t end well.
- Save Your Nelson Mandela Status Messages, the Omni Dallas Just Won by Bradford Pearson
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas Party
- Interview: Courtney Kerr on Her New Realty TV Show by Raya Ramsey
- Lakewood Brewing Co. Released its Bourbon Barrel Temptress During the Ice Storm by Matthew Shelley
- The Cowboys-Bears Bet by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (12/9/13) by Cristina Daglas
- Leading Off (12/10/13) by Tim Rogers
- Why Wait Until 1 a.m. to Announce Andrew W.K. Cancellation? by Andi Harman
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.