On my last birthday, I celebrated with one too many gimlets and a joy ride in some guy named Chuck’s convertible (legalities prohibit me from saying whether it was Norris or the guy from that spy show. Suffice it to say, I won’t be going back to LA anytime soon). Turns out, however, that not everyone celebrates with such willful disregard for good taste. Take Scardello, the site of my introduction to great cheese. Turns out they’re turning 2 on October 30 with a free, come-one-come-all party — our favorite kind — from 5:30-10:30 pm, during which owners Rich and Karen Rogers plan to trot out some rare surprises in the form of “cheesemonger’s choice” cheese plates. Your first glass of wine will only run you $2 (after that, you’re on your own at $6). But if you have one too many, stay away from anyone named Chuck. Take it from me, it won’t end well.
- It Is Time to for Some Real Leadership and Vision in Downtown Dallas by Peter Simek
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- Judgmental Map of Dallas by Krista Nightengale
- Poll: What Does the Uptown Sam’s Club Say About City Government? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.