In this battle-axe of an economy, where even having a job is worth popping a cork over, you have to carve out every cause to celebrate that you can. I chose to celebrate yesterday’s successful (read: bloodless) completion of my first day on the 21st floor by scooting over to the Knox-Henderson La Duni for Street Tacos loaded with fat chunks of mahi and perfectly muddled Margarinhas. Both of which made me wish I were first in line for tonight’s Chef’s dinner with Chef Julia Lopez (who, incidentally, won me over a couple weeks ago when, in a refreshing show of humility, she appeared at my Northpark tableside to personally make amends for a kitchen mishap). My guess is that the mojito tasting and “surprise entertainment” alone will be worth the $42 admission!
- A Few Words About the Flooding in My Neck of East Dallas by Tim Rogers
- Dallas Man Claims His Tex-Mex Joint Javelina in New York is The Real Deal by Nancy Nichols
- Watch a Mustang Crash Into a Light Pole by Tim Rogers
- Waitin’ Around For the Trinity Toll Road to Die by Peter Simek
- Leading Off (6/1/15) by Michael J. Mooney
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »