In this battle-axe of an economy, where even having a job is worth popping a cork over, you have to carve out every cause to celebrate that you can. I chose to celebrate yesterday’s successful (read: bloodless) completion of my first day on the 21st floor by scooting over to the Knox-Henderson La Duni for Street Tacos loaded with fat chunks of mahi and perfectly muddled Margarinhas. Both of which made me wish I were first in line for tonight’s Chef’s dinner with Chef Julia Lopez (who, incidentally, won me over a couple weeks ago when, in a refreshing show of humility, she appeared at my Northpark tableside to personally make amends for a kitchen mishap). My guess is that the mojito tasting and “surprise entertainment” alone will be worth the $42 admission!
11/1/14 SatGilley's Dallas
- Does Your Dallas ZIP Code Speak for Itself? by Ali Finney
- Truck Yard
- The New Glenn Beck by Michael J. Mooney
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Leslie Brenner Steps Out From Behind the Curtain and Reveals Her Face by Nancy Nichols
- Robert Edsel Is a Little Confused About What ‘Humble’ Means by Tim Rogers
- DMN Story on DISD Salaries Suffers From Bad Case of Overreach by Eric Celeste
- There Was No Debate About the Trinity Toll Road at the Stemmons Corridor Business Association Luncheon by Peter Simek
- Poll: When Will Texas Have a Blue Governor? by Jason Heid
- Finance Panel: Southern Dallas Just Needs More George Baileys by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »