Guess that job Dave Faries had lined up in Europe after he left the Dallas Observer didn’t pan out. Teresa Gubbins has snagged a media kit from Faries’ new venture Critic’s Guide, a website devoted to local restaurant reviews, chefs, cocktails, and dining trends. His partner in dine is none other than his former colleague Mark Stuertz. TGub has the full story here. The money quote from Faries: “We’re not doing news — just restaurant criticism and commentary.” Hmm. That sounds like an easy gig. Digging up news is hard work. Anywhoo, welcome them to the cyber neighborhood. They plan to launch the site, which they predict will fetch 300,000 to 500,000 pageviews per month, in early October. (Anybody know where I can find a bob-tail nag?)
- How Government Subsidies Are Hiding the Omni Convention Center Hotel’s Losses by Wylie H. Dallas
- Poll: What Should Dallas Do With the Convention Center Hotel? by Jason Heid
- Photos: Ferguson Protest in Dallas by Bradford Pearson
- How I Did It: The Best New Restaurants in Dallas 2014 by Nancy Nichols
- Choose Your Own Adventure by Patrick Kennedy
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »