Guess that job Dave Faries had lined up in Europe after he left the Dallas Observer didn’t pan out. Teresa Gubbins has snagged a media kit from Faries’ new venture Critic’s Guide, a website devoted to local restaurant reviews, chefs, cocktails, and dining trends. His partner in dine is none other than his former colleague Mark Stuertz. TGub has the full story here. The money quote from Faries: “We’re not doing news — just restaurant criticism and commentary.” Hmm. That sounds like an easy gig. Digging up news is hard work. Anywhoo, welcome them to the cyber neighborhood. They plan to launch the site, which they predict will fetch 300,000 to 500,000 pageviews per month, in early October. (Anybody know where I can find a bob-tail nag?)
- Bag It Up: Why the Dallas City Council Should Say No to Banning Plastic Bags by Glenn Hunter
- Home-Rule Effort Still Struggling To Get Message Right by Tim Rogers
- Mike Morath Statement on Support Our Public Schools’ Home Rule Effort by Eric Celeste
- Dallas Pets Alive! Pet of the Month (March 2014) by Jason Heid
- Researchers Develop First-Ever Blood Test to Detect Alzheimer’s by Matt Goodman
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.