As a bona fide hop-head (and the new voice on the scene at D Magazine), not much makes me happier than receiving good news about microbrews, which makes the folks at Central Market my new happiness consultants. Their Brewtopia celebration, which kicks off in a little more than 48 hours, provides a daily one-two punch of tastings and cooking events for 11 out of 12 days straight. (For some reason they’re taking Tuesday Oct. September 28 off; don’t ask me.) The line-up’s got all of beer lovers here on the 21st floor buzzing. I’ve already got my calendar marked for this Wednesday’s Cooking School “From Pint to Plate” with Chef Kent Rathbun and the Homebrewing Workshop on Oct. 3. Sign up now and look for me. I’ll be the one stirring my wort with one hand and holding a mug of Big Sky Moose Drool with the other. Stay tuned for my recaps.
8/23/14 SatMain Street Garden
8/23/14 SatRabbit Hole Brewing
8/26/14 TueSevy's Grill
9/4/14 ThuThe Wine Poste
9/6/14 SatThe Second Floor
- Brendan Higgins Fired From Channel 11 by Tim Rogers
- American Airlines Outsources Its In-Flight Magazine by Tim Rogers
- Huey P. Newton Gun Club Marches in Dallas To Protest Police Shootings by Tim Rogers
- DMagazine.com Seeks Online Managing Editor by Jason Heid
- About the Use of the Word ‘Portmanteau’ in Our July Issue by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.