As a bona fide hop-head (and the new voice on the scene at D Magazine), not much makes me happier than receiving good news about microbrews, which makes the folks at Central Market my new happiness consultants. Their Brewtopia celebration, which kicks off in a little more than 48 hours, provides a daily one-two punch of tastings and cooking events for 11 out of 12 days straight. (For some reason they’re taking Tuesday Oct. September 28 off; don’t ask me.) The line-up’s got all of beer lovers here on the 21st floor buzzing. I’ve already got my calendar marked for this Wednesday’s Cooking School “From Pint to Plate” with Chef Kent Rathbun and the Homebrewing Workshop on Oct. 3. Sign up now and look for me. I’ll be the one stirring my wort with one hand and holding a mug of Big Sky Moose Drool with the other. Stay tuned for my recaps.
- It Is Time to for Some Real Leadership and Vision in Downtown Dallas by Peter Simek
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- SAGA Pod: Jim Schutze on JWP, Inland Ports, DISD, and Hippies by Eric Celeste
- On the Removal of Our Story ‘Up in the Air’ by Cristina Daglas
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.