As a bona fide hop-head (and the new voice on the scene at D Magazine), not much makes me happier than receiving good news about microbrews, which makes the folks at Central Market my new happiness consultants. Their Brewtopia celebration, which kicks off in a little more than 48 hours, provides a daily one-two punch of tastings and cooking events for 11 out of 12 days straight. (For some reason they’re taking Tuesday Oct. September 28 off; don’t ask me.) The line-up’s got all of beer lovers here on the 21st floor buzzing. I’ve already got my calendar marked for this Wednesday’s Cooking School “From Pint to Plate” with Chef Kent Rathbun and the Homebrewing Workshop on Oct. 3. Sign up now and look for me. I’ll be the one stirring my wort with one hand and holding a mug of Big Sky Moose Drool with the other. Stay tuned for my recaps.
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.