Yet another restaurant is set to open in Oak Cliff’s Bishop Arts District and Oak Cliff People has all the scoop. Set to open in November, this one is going in the recently vacated Vitto’s Italian space and the new eatery has quite the OC pedigree. Oddfellows is the brainchild of Eno’s Pizza Tavern owner Matt Spillers and operations manager Chad Sepulveda, former Local pastry chef Aliza Shier, Go Oak Cliff board members Amy Cowan and Jason Roberts, Fort Worth Avenue Development Group president Scott Griggs, Spillers’ brother Shane, and two more OC residents Gary Buckner and Amanda Pounds. Whew. That’s a lot of cooks in this particular kitchen, one promising to serve “everyday American comfort food” with a sustainable/locavore edge. Sounds promising though, especially with Matt Spillers heading it up. Want to learn more? Go pick up a copy of this week’s Oak Cliff People. It’s front page news.
- It Is Time to for Some Real Leadership and Vision in Downtown Dallas by Peter Simek
- Judgmental Map of Dallas, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- SAGA Pod: Jim Schutze on JWP, Inland Ports, DISD, and Hippies by Eric Celeste
- On the Removal of Our Story ‘Up in the Air’ by Cristina Daglas
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.