I realize Hatch chiles, like Copper River salmon, are backed by massive marketing campaigns and there are many other peppers that deserve equal accolades. That said, I’ve tried a few products from Central Market’s Hatch Chile Festival. The pepper flavored chips and queso are crazy spicy (and great with margaritas). However run, don’t walk, for the chicken sausage with Hatch chiles and CM’s fresh flour tortillas. And Hatch chile pimento cheese, mac and cheese, risotto cakes, and chicken salad. The festival continues through Sunday.
7/30/14 WedCraft and Growler
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.