I realize Hatch chiles, like Copper River salmon, are backed by massive marketing campaigns and there are many other peppers that deserve equal accolades. That said, I’ve tried a few products from Central Market’s Hatch Chile Festival. The pepper flavored chips and queso are crazy spicy (and great with margaritas). However run, don’t walk, for the chicken sausage with Hatch chiles and CM’s fresh flour tortillas. And Hatch chile pimento cheese, mac and cheese, risotto cakes, and chicken salad. The festival continues through Sunday.
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.