Maybe cupcakes have jumped the shark, especially when they start making reality shows about them. (Yes, I’m talking about Food Network’s Cupcake Wars. Yawn.) But, hey, when done right, they’re still tasty. And for a $1? Why the heck not? This week, Aston’s Bakery is hosting a week-long cupcake happy hour Tuesday-Friday 4-6pm. Red velvet, chocolate, carrot, Texas pecan — all the usual suspects. Go get your frosting fix.
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
- My Five Cents: Food Criticism, F-Bombs, and Firing the Messenger by Nancy Nichols
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.