Black bean veggie burger with grilled portobello and provolone. To be honest, I’m not a fan of the “breastraunt” concept. Think Hooters, Twin Peaks, and the like. Perhaps it offends my puritanical Church of Christ upbringing to which my friends are now snickering as they read this and saying, “Puritanical? You?” Glass houses, kids. Anyway, once I got past Burger Girl’s tight red t-shirts and Daisy Dukes, I discovered that this newish Knox-Henderson spot makes a darn fine veggie burger: a wheat bun piled high with a spicy black bean patty, grilled portobello, provolone, and all the fixings. I added avocado and substituted the Dijon mayo with BG’s secret sauce. “It’s kinda like a spicy Thousand Island minus the pickle relish,” admitted my stacked server. Most of the time, veggie burgers are an afterthought at burger joints. Not so at Burger Girl. It was one of the better ones I’ve had in town. That sets up a question to you, dear SideDishers: Who has the best veggie burger in Dallas?
- Hot Property: French-Inspired Uptown Townhome by Caitlin Clark
- Happiest Hour
- Best of Big D Readers' Choice Voting by Jessica Chen
- A Family Oasis in Preston Hollow by Connie Dufner
- Go Inside the Homes of Bravo's Real Housewives of Dallas by Caitlin Clark
- The New Trinity Park Looks Great — But Never Will Be by Zac Crain
- The Real Housewives of Dallas Episode 7 Recap by Tim Rogers
- AT&T Powers Up Southern Dallas with High-Speed Internet by Danielle Abril
- The Trinity Park and The City, Graphically by Zac Crain
- City Council Renames Bridge For Ron Kirk by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »