Black bean veggie burger with grilled portobello and provolone. To be honest, I’m not a fan of the “breastraunt” concept. Think Hooters, Twin Peaks, and the like. Perhaps it offends my puritanical Church of Christ upbringing to which my friends are now snickering as they read this and saying, “Puritanical? You?” Glass houses, kids. Anyway, once I got past Burger Girl’s tight red t-shirts and Daisy Dukes, I discovered that this newish Knox-Henderson spot makes a darn fine veggie burger: a wheat bun piled high with a spicy black bean patty, grilled portobello, provolone, and all the fixings. I added avocado and substituted the Dijon mayo with BG’s secret sauce. “It’s kinda like a spicy Thousand Island minus the pickle relish,” admitted my stacked server. Most of the time, veggie burgers are an afterthought at burger joints. Not so at Burger Girl. It was one of the better ones I’ve had in town. That sets up a question to you, dear SideDishers: Who has the best veggie burger in Dallas?
7/2/15 ThuDallas Farmers Market
7/4/15 SatSteel Restaurant & Lounge
7/4/15 SatNoble Rey Brewing Co.
7/4/15 SatThe Libertine Bar
7/7/15 TueKirby's Steakhouse
7/14/15 TueBishop Arts District
7/16/15 ThuKettle Art
- The Ultimate Neighborhood Guide to Dallas
- After SCOTUS Decision, Jack Evans and George Harris Go Get Their Marriage License by Liz Johnstone
- The Legend of Chris Kyle by Michael J. Mooney
- The 10 Best Lakes to Call Home by Dawn McMullan
- Chill Out on These 11 Great Dallas Patios
- When Does Our Confederacy Conversation Target Street Names in Oak Cliff? by Peter Simek
- The Mysterious Plan for a Mayoral Compound by Wylie H. Dallas
- Laura Miller on the Failings of Jennifer Gates and the Battle To Save Preston Hollow by Tim Rogers
- Part 3: The Value of the Neighborhood Church by Dallas May
- Leading Off (6/29/2015) by Liz Johnstone
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »