Black bean veggie burger with grilled portobello and provolone. To be honest, I’m not a fan of the “breastraunt” concept. Think Hooters, Twin Peaks, and the like. Perhaps it offends my puritanical Church of Christ upbringing to which my friends are now snickering as they read this and saying, “Puritanical? You?” Glass houses, kids. Anyway, once I got past Burger Girl’s tight red t-shirts and Daisy Dukes, I discovered that this newish Knox-Henderson spot makes a darn fine veggie burger: a wheat bun piled high with a spicy black bean patty, grilled portobello, provolone, and all the fixings. I added avocado and substituted the Dijon mayo with BG’s secret sauce. “It’s kinda like a spicy Thousand Island minus the pickle relish,” admitted my stacked server. Most of the time, veggie burgers are an afterthought at burger joints. Not so at Burger Girl. It was one of the better ones I’ve had in town. That sets up a question to you, dear SideDishers: Who has the best veggie burger in Dallas?
4/18/15 SatThe Rustic
4/18/15 SatGin Mill
4/18/15 SatThe Prophet Bar
4/18/15 SatAw Shucks Lewisville
4/19/15 SunOmni - Fort Worth
4/19/15 SunGas Monkey Bar N' Grill
4/22/15 WedFrontiers of Flight Museum
4/22/15 WedCityplace Conference Center
- Larry Beasley Just Killed the Trinity Toll Road by Tim Rogers
- Grapevine High Students Apologize For Racist Rap by Jason Heid
- Three Things That Must Happen if Mayor Rawlings Is Serious About His Dream Team’s Trinity Plan by Peter Simek
- Delete These Phrases From Your Vocabulary Forever by Zac Crain
- What Can We Learn About the Trinity River Project From Yesterday’s Dallas City Council Meeting? by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »