Full disclosure: a big box of cookies from La Duni showed up on Friday at our office and we’re still snacking on them. Every flavor imaginable: heart shaped double chocolates, roasted pistachio, classic sugar, almond with hazelnut praline. Since D World Headquarters used to be across the street from the Oak Lawn location, I know these cookies well. Some might say intimately. So, imagine my surprise when I discovered a new one: a 5-inch almond cookie — light and crispy — coated in chocolate and studded with salty roasted nuts. It was perfect: sweet, rich, savory. Perhaps the best cookie I’ve ever shoved in my mouth, at least in Dallas. I’m already jonesing for my next one. That’s the power of a good cookie. And that got me thinking: Dear SideDishers, who makes/sells/bakes the best cookie in Dallas? My vote is for the aforementioned La Duni one. But I know you have your opinions. Lets hear ‘em.
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- Emmanuel Mudiay to Earn $1.2M in Chinese League by Bradford Pearson
- Leading Off (7/22/14) by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.