Full disclosure: a big box of cookies from La Duni showed up on Friday at our office and we’re still snacking on them. Every flavor imaginable: heart shaped double chocolates, roasted pistachio, classic sugar, almond with hazelnut praline. Since D World Headquarters used to be across the street from the Oak Lawn location, I know these cookies well. Some might say intimately. So, imagine my surprise when I discovered a new one: a 5-inch almond cookie — light and crispy — coated in chocolate and studded with salty roasted nuts. It was perfect: sweet, rich, savory. Perhaps the best cookie I’ve ever shoved in my mouth, at least in Dallas. I’m already jonesing for my next one. That’s the power of a good cookie. And that got me thinking: Dear SideDishers, who makes/sells/bakes the best cookie in Dallas? My vote is for the aforementioned La Duni one. But I know you have your opinions. Lets hear ‘em.
4/29/15 WedThe Hospitality Sweet
4/30/15 ThuTrinity Park
5/2/15 SatKlyde Warren Park
5/2/15 SatThe Library Bar
5/3/15 SunGin Mill
5/9/15 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/9/15 SatStonebridge Ranch Country Club
5/15/15 FriAddison Circle Park
- The Barrett Brown Review of Arts and Letters and Jail: A Sign of Things to Come by Barrett Brown
- Friday Afternoon Time Kill: An Interactive Tornado Map by Peter Simek
- Greg Hardy Suspended for 10 Games by Michael J. Mooney
- At Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth, An Emergency Without The Stakes by Jenna Peck
- Taste Test Thursday: North Texas BBQ Sauce (Spicy Edition) by Catherine Downes
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »