Full disclosure: a big box of cookies from La Duni showed up on Friday at our office and we’re still snacking on them. Every flavor imaginable: heart shaped double chocolates, roasted pistachio, classic sugar, almond with hazelnut praline. Since D World Headquarters used to be across the street from the Oak Lawn location, I know these cookies well. Some might say intimately. So, imagine my surprise when I discovered a new one: a 5-inch almond cookie — light and crispy — coated in chocolate and studded with salty roasted nuts. It was perfect: sweet, rich, savory. Perhaps the best cookie I’ve ever shoved in my mouth, at least in Dallas. I’m already jonesing for my next one. That’s the power of a good cookie. And that got me thinking: Dear SideDishers, who makes/sells/bakes the best cookie in Dallas? My vote is for the aforementioned La Duni one. But I know you have your opinions. Lets hear ’em.
2/10/16 WedDallas Fish Market
2/13/16 Sat3 Nations Brewing
2/16/16 TueIII Forks
2/20/16 SatTaschen Library
2/29/16 MonHyatt Regency Dallas
3/3/16 ThuCommunity Beer Co.
3/4/16 FriFair Park
- Hot Property: Mediterranean Mansion on Turtle Creek Drive by Caitlin Clark
- The Most Amazing Bowling Story Ever by Michael J. Mooney
- Eat Here Now: Maple Leaf Diner by Nancy Nichols
- Go Inside Jordan Spieth’s New PGA-Approved Preston Hollow Pad by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- DMN Makes Mike Hashimoto a Metro Columnist by Zac Crain
- Dallas Intersections That Would Make Fantastic Aliases or Elmore Leonard Characters, Ranked by Zac Crain
- Once You Decide You Want to Be In the Convention Business, You Have to Be In the Convention Business by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (2/8/16) by Zac Crain
- Texas Medical Association’s PAC Endorses Another 10 Candidates In Primaries by Matt Goodman
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »