Yesterday, American Public Media broadcast a report by Rob Manning which deals with customer confusion over the use of “sustainable” when applied to seafood. Untangling the many issues (lies?) surrounding the seafood industry—especially now with the crises in the Gulf—is getting murkier by the day. The other night I asked a waiter where the mahi mahi originated. His answer was “maybe China; maybe Chile I don’t know.” That’s really not what we need to be hearing right now. Listen here.
- What Restaurant or Cuisine Does Dallas Need? by Nancy Nichols
- Henderson Tap House to Open in January With a Lengthy Dress Code by Nancy Nichols
- Bon Voyage, #chaneldallas by Cristina Daglas
- Leading Off (12/11/13) by Krista Nightengale
- Lakewood Brewing Co. Released its Bourbon Barrel Temptress During the Ice Storm by Matthew Shelley
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.