If I could still grip my 3-iron, it would be possible to hit the soon-to-open Civic Tap Room with a screaming hook shot through a bazillion live oaks. Eric Nicholson, over at People Newspapers, has the story on the new brew pub and beer boutique dedicated to Texas beers. Nick Griffin, a PGA golfer who also teaches at L.B. Houston Golf Course, is set to open Civic Tap in September. Beer is the new wine/cupcake/slider.
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
- My Five Cents: Food Criticism, F-Bombs, and Firing the Messenger by Nancy Nichols
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.