When I was a little kid in Dallas, my grandfather always took me out to eat at cool places. One place I remember fondly is La Tunisia. The interior was exotic—low tables, wicker chairs, African fabric on the walls, and the waitresses wore I-Dream-of-Jeannie pants and veils over their faces. This may sound run of the mill now, but in the early 60s (?), it was over the top. There was also Ports O’Call and The Chaparral Club atop what is now the Sheraton Hotel. Anybody else old enough to remember The Golden Pheasant? Little Bit O Sweden? Lucas B&B? The Torch, Town & Country? The Beefeater?
3/6/15 FriMorton H. Meyerson Symphony Center
3/6/15 FriThe Holy Grail Pub
3/7/15 SatCrushCraft Thai Street Eats
3/7/15 SatWhole Foods Market
3/7/15 SatDeep Ellum Brewing Company
3/7/15 SatWhole Foods Market at Park Lane
3/8/15 SunWhole Foods Market
3/9/15 MonDugg Burger
- Dallas-DFW Restaurants: Are you Open or Closed? by Nancy Nichols
- Nina Pham: A Case Study in Media Manipulation by Tim Rogers
- Breaking Down How Wrong the DMN Story on Teacher Hiring Really Was by Eric Celeste
- Tom Spicer Died Today by Nancy Nichols
- Poll: Has the Morning News Been Unfair to Dallas ISD? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »