Dishers, rejoice. Urbano Café, the groovy spot in East Dallas that has had many complaints on the inefficiency of their air conditioning, has just hoisted a 3 1/2 ton Carrier air conditioning unit on their roof! “Yes, we definitely had problems last year,” says owner Mitch Kauffman. “Even though it was a brand new unit — it just wasn’t enough to battle the western exposure in the late afternoons and the open the kitchen going full blast. I used to quip to our friends about our “trendy Bikram dining experience” but frankly, it was hot in there.” Now it will probably be too cold for some customers. “We loved, loved, loved our customers for hanging in there with us despite the heat in those early days,” says Kauffman.
- Questions About Jill Jordan’s Bewildering ‘Trinity Lakes’ Briefing by Wylie H. Dallas
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- First Take: Henry’s Majestic by Catherine Downes
- Poll: What Will the Trinity Lakes Look Like? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »