Dishers, rejoice. Urbano Café, the groovy spot in East Dallas that has had many complaints on the inefficiency of their air conditioning, has just hoisted a 3 1/2 ton Carrier air conditioning unit on their roof! “Yes, we definitely had problems last year,” says owner Mitch Kauffman. “Even though it was a brand new unit — it just wasn’t enough to battle the western exposure in the late afternoons and the open the kitchen going full blast. I used to quip to our friends about our “trendy Bikram dining experience” but frankly, it was hot in there.” Now it will probably be too cold for some customers. “We loved, loved, loved our customers for hanging in there with us despite the heat in those early days,” says Kauffman.
- Save Your Nelson Mandela Status Messages, the Omni Dallas Just Won by Bradford Pearson
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- Libertine Bar
- The Loon Must Move to a New Location in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- Courtney Loves Dallas Episode 1 Recap by Tim Rogers
- Exclusive McFarland Cuisine Report: Which Dallas Restaurants are Open Today by Nancy Nichols
- The Cowboys-Bears Bet by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (12/9/13) by Cristina Daglas
- Pearl Cup on Henderson Closes, Austin-Based Houndstooth Coffee Takes Over by Carol Shih
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.