Michael Weinstein is a veteran Dallas chef. He has cooked in the kitchens at The Grape, Aurora, and Tramontana. He has left the grind of professional cooking behind and plans to turn the chips and salsa market upside down. His new line, Dread Head Chef Dessert Chips and Sweet Salsas, encourages you to enjoy this Tex-Mex tradition after your meal instead of before. His products include strawberry-mango and pineapple-banana-macadamia nut salsas, and the corn chips are flavored with cinnamon and chocolate. Our favorite combo? Chocolate corn chips dipped into a bowl of Blue Bell ice cream covered with a dollop of strawberry-mango salsa. Pairs well with 24 and Law and Order SVU. Available.
- Questions About Jill Jordan’s Bewildering ‘Trinity Lakes’ Briefing by Wylie H. Dallas
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- First Take: Henry’s Majestic by Catherine Downes
- Poll: What Will the Trinity Lakes Look Like? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »