Michael Weinstein is a veteran Dallas chef. He has cooked in the kitchens at The Grape, Aurora, and Tramontana. He has left the grind of professional cooking behind and plans to turn the chips and salsa market upside down. His new line, Dread Head Chef Dessert Chips and Sweet Salsas, encourages you to enjoy this Tex-Mex tradition after your meal instead of before. His products include strawberry-mango and pineapple-banana-macadamia nut salsas, and the corn chips are flavored with cinnamon and chocolate. Our favorite combo? Chocolate corn chips dipped into a bowl of Blue Bell ice cream covered with a dollop of strawberry-mango salsa. Pairs well with 24 and Law and Order SVU. Available.
- 50 Best Restaurants in Dallas by D Magazine
- Hot Property: Tri-Level Craftsman in Lower Greenville by Caitlin Clark
- High Fives' First Anniversary Party
- 'The Real Housewives of Dallas' Episode 10 Recap by Tim Rogers
- Brandi Redmond and Stephanie Hollman Dish on Their Favorite Dallas Restaurants by Catherine Downes
- Settle a Bet Between Me and Nancy by Tim Rogers
- A Dispatch From the D Magazine Sweat Lodge by Tim Rogers
- Is the New Rangers Ballpark a Terrible Deal For Arlington? by Zac Crain
- Theranos, the Battered Diagnostic Startup, Has a Dallas Tie: Real Estate Magnate Craig Hall by Chase Beakley
- Leading Off (6/24/16) by Staci Parks
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »