Michael Weinstein is a veteran Dallas chef. He has cooked in the kitchens at The Grape, Aurora, and Tramontana. He has left the grind of professional cooking behind and plans to turn the chips and salsa market upside down. His new line, Dread Head Chef Dessert Chips and Sweet Salsas, encourages you to enjoy this Tex-Mex tradition after your meal instead of before. His products include strawberry-mango and pineapple-banana-macadamia nut salsas, and the corn chips are flavored with cinnamon and chocolate. Our favorite combo? Chocolate corn chips dipped into a bowl of Blue Bell ice cream covered with a dollop of strawberry-mango salsa. Pairs well with 24 and Law and Order SVU. Available.
- Beauty Bar
- Dallas’ Most Exclusive Private Clubs by Brantley Hargrove and Glenn Hunter
- Diane von Furstenberg Thinks Dallas Women are the Most Beautiful in America by Margaux Anbouba
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- Questions About Jill Jordan’s Bewildering ‘Trinity Lakes’ Briefing by Wylie H. Dallas
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- Are These Ebola-Themed Halloween Decorations in Poor Taste? by Jason Heid
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- Taste Test Thursday: Restaurant Chips and Salsa by Catherine Downes
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »