Last night I attended a fundraiser at the Trinity River Audubon Center—the report is here. Before I hit the trails of the fabulous nature trails, I hit the bar at the Meddlesome Moth for a quick taste of the restaurant’ cask-conditioned ale. Holy mother of the beer gods, this unfiltered, unpasteurized ale with live yeast jumps around your mouth like an out of control frat party. Full disclosure: I’ve know owner Shannon Wynne for almost 100 years and he gave me a quick tour last night. The place was hopping. Last week, Timmy did a nice write-up on the place, but I did learn one cool fact last night. The backsplash of the bar is $1,250 worth of quarters. What’s behind it? The picture below.
- 50 Best Restaurants in Dallas by D Magazine
- Hot Property: Tri-Level Craftsman in Lower Greenville by Caitlin Clark
- High Fives' First Anniversary Party
- 'The Real Housewives of Dallas' Episode 10 Recap by Tim Rogers
- Brandi Redmond and Stephanie Hollman Dish on Their Favorite Dallas Restaurants by Catherine Downes
- Settle a Bet Between Me and Nancy by Tim Rogers
- A Dispatch From the D Magazine Sweat Lodge by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (6/24/16) by Staci Parks
- Watch Bryan Wilson, The Texas Law Hawk, Jump a Jet Ski by Tim Rogers
- Winners and Losers This Week in Dallas (6/24/16) by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »