Last night I attended a fundraiser at the Trinity River Audubon Center—the report is here. Before I hit the trails of the fabulous nature trails, I hit the bar at the Meddlesome Moth for a quick taste of the restaurant’ cask-conditioned ale. Holy mother of the beer gods, this unfiltered, unpasteurized ale with live yeast jumps around your mouth like an out of control frat party. Full disclosure: I’ve know owner Shannon Wynne for almost 100 years and he gave me a quick tour last night. The place was hopping. Last week, Timmy did a nice write-up on the place, but I did learn one cool fact last night. The backsplash of the bar is $1,250 worth of quarters. What’s behind it? The picture below.
- The Ultimate Neighborhood Guide to Dallas
- Taco Libre at Main Street Garden
- Hot Property: 3901 Turtle Creek Boulevard #9 by Caitlin Clark
- The 10 Best Lakes to Call Home by Dawn McMullan
- Where to See Fireworks in Dallas This Fourth of July by Mary Claire Hamm
- The Mysterious Plan for a Mayoral Compound by Wylie H. Dallas
- Laura Miller on the Failings of Jennifer Gates and the Battle To Save Preston Hollow by Tim Rogers
- Did Bass Pro Shops Steal a T-shirt Idea From The Lodge? by Michael J. Mooney
- The Dog Stop in Far North Dallas Will Close in September by Nancy Nichols
- What To Drink Now: 4th of July Cocktails by Hayley Hamilton Cogill
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »