Last night I attended a fundraiser at the Trinity River Audubon Center—the report is here. Before I hit the trails of the fabulous nature trails, I hit the bar at the Meddlesome Moth for a quick taste of the restaurant’ cask-conditioned ale. Holy mother of the beer gods, this unfiltered, unpasteurized ale with live yeast jumps around your mouth like an out of control frat party. Full disclosure: I’ve know owner Shannon Wynne for almost 100 years and he gave me a quick tour last night. The place was hopping. Last week, Timmy did a nice write-up on the place, but I did learn one cool fact last night. The backsplash of the bar is $1,250 worth of quarters. What’s behind it? The picture below.
- The 10 Most Eligible Men in Dallas
- HG Sply Co.
- Why Dallas Was Chosen the Best Skyline in the World by Jason Heid
- Jenny and Jeff Staubach's Greenway Parks Home by Laura Kostelny
- Motorcyclist Hit By Van on Dallas Highway, Motorcyclist Catches It on Video by Bradford Pearson
- DISD Trustee Bernadette Nutall Apparently Can’t Do Math by Tim Rogers
- RadioShack On the Verge of Bankruptcy by Zac Crain
- Things To Do In Dallas Tonight: Sept. 11 by Chris Mosley
- Simplest Plan Ever For Dallas’ Future: Make It More Like Dallas’ Past by Peter Simek
- Food Feedback Friday by Rochell Van Deurzen
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »