Last night I attended a fundraiser at the Trinity River Audubon Center—the report is here. Before I hit the trails of the fabulous nature trails, I hit the bar at the Meddlesome Moth for a quick taste of the restaurant’ cask-conditioned ale. Holy mother of the beer gods, this unfiltered, unpasteurized ale with live yeast jumps around your mouth like an out of control frat party. Full disclosure: I’ve know owner Shannon Wynne for almost 100 years and he gave me a quick tour last night. The place was hopping. Last week, Timmy did a nice write-up on the place, but I did learn one cool fact last night. The backsplash of the bar is $1,250 worth of quarters. What’s behind it? The picture below.
10/26/14 SunDallas Farmers Market
10/30/14 ThuSaint Ann Restaurant and Bar
10/31/14 FriRed Arrow Contemporary
10/31/14 FriStampede 66
10/31/14 FriSissy's Southern Kitchen and Bar
- The Fight Over Farmer’s Markets in Richardson by Andrew Laska
- Are These Ebola-Themed Halloween Decorations in Poor Taste? by Jason Heid
- I Also Have a Wish List of Unfunded Amenities by Zac Crain
- Taste Test Thursday: Restaurant Chips and Salsa by Catherine Downes
- VIDEO: Crowd Stops Antigay Attack at DFW Airport by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »