Last Friday I was staring out of my window when a rose-breasted grosbeak landed on my safflower feeder in East Texas. I’d never seen one before–they are migrating through Texas to the cool summer climates in the Northern US and Canada. He’s a stunner with a dark black hood, thick beak, rose-colored chest, and white belly. It and it took me half a day to get this short clip. I ended up taping my iPhone to the raccoon baffle and letting it film until he showed up again. Surprise ending. Enjoy.
- How Government Subsidies Are Hiding the Omni Convention Center Hotel’s Losses by Wylie H. Dallas
- Poll: What Should Dallas Do With the Convention Center Hotel? by Jason Heid
- Choose Your Own Adventure by Patrick Kennedy
- What Caused That Earthquake Over the Weekend by Tim Rogers
- How I Did It: The Best New Restaurants in Dallas 2014 by Nancy Nichols
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »