Last Friday I was staring out of my window when a rose-breasted grosbeak landed on my safflower feeder in East Texas. I’d never seen one before–they are migrating through Texas to the cool summer climates in the Northern US and Canada. He’s a stunner with a dark black hood, thick beak, rose-colored chest, and white belly. It and it took me half a day to get this short clip. I ended up taping my iPhone to the raccoon baffle and letting it film until he showed up again. Surprise ending. Enjoy.
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
- How Chart Westcott Raised $1.2 Million for a State Rep Race and Only Got 30 Percent of the Vote by Eric Celeste
- A Lament for John Carona by Wick Allison
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.