Last Friday I was staring out of my window when a rose-breasted grosbeak landed on my safflower feeder in East Texas. I’d never seen one before–they are migrating through Texas to the cool summer climates in the Northern US and Canada. He’s a stunner with a dark black hood, thick beak, rose-colored chest, and white belly. It and it took me half a day to get this short clip. I ended up taping my iPhone to the raccoon baffle and letting it film until he showed up again. Surprise ending. Enjoy.
5/23/15 SatBuddhist Center of Dallas
5/24/15 SunBishop Arts District
5/27/15 WedChestnut Square
6/13/15 Sat"Secret Location"
6/18/15 ThuKettle Art
- Hot Property: 5638 Gaston Avenue by Caitlin Clark
- The Standard Pour
- The Legend of Chris Kyle by Michael J. Mooney
- St. Vincent and the Dallas Symphony Orchestra Dazzle at the Winspear by Catherine Womack
- Nobody Went to the Dallas Music District Festival by Alex Macon
- Feds Indict Founding Physician Of Forest Park Medical Center On 17 Counts Of Healthcare Fraud by Matt Goodman
- Joe Tone Steps Down as Editor of the Dallas Observer by Tim Rogers
- The Barrett Brown Review of Arts and Letters and Jail: This Prison Is Kind of Corrupt by Barrett Brown
- Should We Really Be Trying to Build a Park in the Trinity? by Peter Simek
- What Color Is the Trinity? by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »