Last Friday I was staring out of my window when a rose-breasted grosbeak landed on my safflower feeder in East Texas. I’d never seen one before–they are migrating through Texas to the cool summer climates in the Northern US and Canada. He’s a stunner with a dark black hood, thick beak, rose-colored chest, and white belly. It and it took me half a day to get this short clip. I ended up taping my iPhone to the raccoon baffle and letting it film until he showed up again. Surprise ending. Enjoy.
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.