In the current issue of D Magazine, Teresa “Twinkle Toes” Gubbins writes about Mandola’s Italian Market. The Italian grocery/deli originated in Austin and was brought north by Larry “Chili’s” Lavine. Larry had plans to roll Mandola’s out all over Dallas and potentially into other markets. Well, Mandola’s may roll, but it will grow without Larry Lavine. He’s out of the deal. “I am in the process of selling my interest to my partner,” said Larry via e-mail from his Turtle Creek Restaurant Group account. Another source tells me that there is an uglier side to this story. Of course, isn’t there always? I’ve called and left a message for Larry’s partner, Michael Share, who lives in Boston. Jimmy’s Food Store, your future looks good.
- Jim Schutze Was Right — Six Years Ago — About John Wiley Price by Tim Rogers
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
- Why We Devoted 10,000 Words to DPD’s Child Abuse Squad by Cristina Daglas
- Unpacking the Racial Politics at Play in the John Wiley Price Case by Peter Simek
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.