Because I firmly believe that procrastination is part of the creative process, I will take a break from working and share this video with you. I filmed it last summer in Frankston, Texas. It stars Bill, an Eastern Bluebird, who has been living with his “wife” Hillary at my family’s lake house for four seasons, and one of his sons, Sonny Jim. “Together,” Bill and Hillary and I have “raised” around 48 fledglings. In the process I have spent hundreds thousands of dollars on mealworms. Why? Because the second I walk out of my house and whistle, they show up. And it makes me happy.
- Does Your Dallas ZIP Code Speak for Itself? by Ali Finney
- Truck Yard
- The New Glenn Beck by Michael J. Mooney
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Leslie Brenner Steps Out From Behind the Curtain and Reveals Her Face by Nancy Nichols
- Robert Edsel Is a Little Confused About What ‘Humble’ Means by Tim Rogers
- DMN Story on DISD Salaries Suffers From Bad Case of Overreach by Eric Celeste
- Whoa, Paul Rudd Was (UPDATE: Not) One of the Airport Heroes Who Took Down the Homophobe by Jason Heid
- There Was No Debate About the Trinity Toll Road at the Stemmons Corridor Business Association Luncheon by Peter Simek
- Poll: When Will Texas Have a Blue Governor? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »