Veteran reporter, Teresa Gubbins over at PegNews, says that Popolos will close on Saturday. Gubbins’ long experience in food journalism pays off once again. Way to go, Ace. Now I’m curious. Why would a landlord raise the rent on an established restaurant and risk losing a paying customer? Did said landlord get a better offer? Was Popolos paying their rent? If Popolos can’t pay the rent in Preston Royal, how can a 26-seat fried chicken restaurant that opened a week ago across the street make money? Details on my experience at The Chicken Coop are in the works.
- Steve Blow’s Immigration Column Is Extremely Sloppy by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (7/24/14) by Zac Crain
- John Wiley Price Arrested by Bradford Pearson
- Cedars Social Closed for One Night by Nancy Nichols
- My Five Cents: Food Criticism, F-Bombs, and Firing the Messenger by Nancy Nichols
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.