Paul DiCarlo of Jimmy’s says he had received enough holiday items to warrant opening the foodie temple this Sunday. The shelves are stocked with torrone, tre Marie panetone, pan-forte, dais panetone, Sicilian cannoli shells, and stuff and such and beyond. And wine. Two great Italian (duh) wines on closeout: Placido Chianti Classico Riserva ’04 DOCG (was $17.99 now $7.99) and Placido Rosso di Montalcin0 ’05 (was $18.99 now $8.99). Back in the meat department, Prime tenderloin is $15.99 a pound (uncut and sold “as is”). Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 4901 Bryan at Fitzhugh. 214-823-6180.
- The Good Guys: A Look Back by Zac Crain
- Reader Feedback: What Ticks You Off Most at Restaurants? by Rochell Van Deurzen
- Morning News Says Mike Rawlings Should Run Again Because Mary Suhm by Eric Celeste
- Poll: Should Mike Rawlings Run Again? by Jason Heid
- A Look at Kidd Kraddick’s Show A Year After His Death by Zac Crain
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.