A couple of months ago, a Disher in Colleyville asked me if I knew where Jack’s Porch was opening in her area. I did what most reputable reporters do, I Googled. I did find job listings for a Jack’s Porch but no address. Then I forgot about it. This morning a Disher with a head for the law and a bod for Law & Order sends word that Jack of Jack’s Porch is Jack Layman, the former manager of Rockfish in Southlake, and he has been slapped with a lawsuit for violating his employment contract. Layman quit his job at Rockfish and opened Jack’s Porch across the street with a Rockfish-rip-off menu. Rockfish is claiming Layman has violated his employment contract which prohibits him from working at another restaurant within 10 miles.
- The 100 Best Restaurants in Dallas
- Takeru Kobayashi Stuffs Down 60 Hot Dogs in Less Than Three Minutes at the State Fair by Carol Shih
- 'Courtney Loves Dallas' Episode 2 Recap by Tim Rogers
- The Most Searched Terms in Dallas for 2013 by Tim Rogers
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- Crain: Alan Peppard Read Our Kidd Kraddick Story, Likes It by Zac Crain
- SideDish Survey: How Many Times a Week Do You Dine Out? by Nancy Nichols
- The Guardian Investigates Fracking in Ponder by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (12/16/13) by Cristina Daglas
- Leading Off (12/17/13) by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.