This will be my last hot dog report for a while—my stomach is still recovering from Sunday. After I visited Double Dip Frozen Custard in Frisco, I headed over to Costco to try their dog. I thought Costco sold Sabrett or Hebrew National in their concession stand, but when I got there I was not too surprised to find Kirkland products on the menu. (Hebrew National dogs are available in the refrigerated meats section.) Short story: the all-beef Kirkland dogs are cooked in a shallow pan of hot water and any flavor the “meat” might had ever had has been boiled away. They present a nice beef-to-steamed-bun ratio—almost an inch of the wiener hang from each end. They are cheap: two dogs and refillable drinks were $3.25! And they offer freshly diced onions, but I’ll eat before I go again. Oh wait, I did that last time. Maybe that is why I’ve been sipping Sprite and eating Wheat Thins for two days. Moving on.
5/6/15 WedCommunity Beer Co.
5/6/15 WedRahr & Sons Brewing Company
5/7/15 ThuDeep Ellum Brewing Co.
5/7/15 ThuMartin House Brewing Company
5/8/15 FriHyatt Regency Dallas
5/9/15 SatPanther Island Pavilion
5/9/15 SatStonebridge Ranch Country Club
5/10/15 SunOmni Fort Worth Hotel
5/10/15 SunTexas Spice
- Who Can We Blame for This Garland Shooting? by Michael J. Mooney
- Why We Should Listen to Laura Miller’s Solution to the Scott Griggs Accusations by Peter Simek
- Breaking: Robin Wright Is as Smart as She Is Beautiful. And She Is Coming to Dallas by Christine Allison
- Why Dallas Is a Terrible Place to Grow Up Poor — And a Great Place to Be Rich by Jason Heid
- Leading Off (5/4/2015) by Liz Johnstone
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »