This will be my last hot dog report for a while—my stomach is still recovering from Sunday. After I visited Double Dip Frozen Custard in Frisco, I headed over to Costco to try their dog. I thought Costco sold Sabrett or Hebrew National in their concession stand, but when I got there I was not too surprised to find Kirkland products on the menu. (Hebrew National dogs are available in the refrigerated meats section.) Short story: the all-beef Kirkland dogs are cooked in a shallow pan of hot water and any flavor the “meat” might had ever had has been boiled away. They present a nice beef-to-steamed-bun ratio—almost an inch of the wiener hang from each end. They are cheap: two dogs and refillable drinks were $3.25! And they offer freshly diced onions, but I’ll eat before I go again. Oh wait, I did that last time. Maybe that is why I’ve been sipping Sprite and eating Wheat Thins for two days. Moving on.
2/10/16 WedDallas Fish Market
2/13/16 Sat3 Nations Brewing
2/16/16 TueIII Forks
2/20/16 SatTaschen Library
2/29/16 MonHyatt Regency Dallas
3/3/16 ThuCommunity Beer Co.
3/4/16 FriFair Park
- Hot Property: Mediterranean Mansion on Turtle Creek Drive by Caitlin Clark
- The Most Amazing Bowling Story Ever by Michael J. Mooney
- Eat Here Now: Maple Leaf Diner by Nancy Nichols
- Go Inside Jordan Spieth’s New PGA-Approved Preston Hollow Pad by Caitlin Clark
- The Best Dallas Suburbs 2014
- Dallas Intersections That Would Make Fantastic Aliases or Elmore Leonard Characters, Ranked by Zac Crain
- Once You Decide You Want to Be In the Convention Business, You Have to Be In the Convention Business by Zac Crain
- Leading Off (2/8/16) by Zac Crain
- The Lesson South Oak Cliff High Just Taught All DISD Students by Peter Simek
- Poll: Should Dallas Ban a Porn Convention? by Jason Heid
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »